If you frequently visit a website for about a year, you will likely see changes to content, menus, branding, etc. The site may even look different than it did initially. These website phases represent a few of the life cycle steps the site owners complete to deliver features and service you need in order to get your customers coming back time and again. When you understand the life cycle, you too can launch successful websites whether you’re creating a family website or your company’s web presence.
You may think that publication is an odd choice to call a website, but the internet is the ultimate media outlet and a website is your published product. Like any project, you need to have a plan. We lead our clients through organized supported steps in order to bring their ideas to a successful website. Each step produces a physical outcome for the client to review and approve.
Life cycle of a successful website involves these important steps
- Analysis – Determine how the website is going to improve the business. Determine who the target audience is. What the function of the website will be? For example commerce, informational, support, communication, etc.
- Website Fundamentals – Develop an outline of the functionality for the website based on the business requirements, including navigation, pages, and specifications. Develop the basic feel of how the website will look and function.
- Prototype Design – The prototype consists of a few blueprints and navigation trees offering variations in color, positions, format, etc. The prototype will have functionality in order for the client to view the website in action. The client is then asked to provide existing documentation and graphics that will be needed for the website content. Most importantly, at this stage the client approves the final prototype design of the website.
- Content Writing – Without good writing, a website is just a beautiful picture. A professional writer will work with the design and the client in order to relay the message that brings the website to life and gets it noticed by the target audience.
- Coding – Working with the prototype, our expert developers will create the actual website for a beta release.
- Testing – Testing the website functions, data processing time, load time and navigation are key to a successful website. At this point we fix any bugs, make corrections and changes as per request of the client.
- Getting your website noticed – Making sure the website reaches the target audience involves Search Engine Optimization. We realize that site promotion is an ongoing process, similar to advertising. Websites need to be evaluated on a regular basis so that the website promotion is successful.
- Maintenance and Updating – Website development is an ongoing project. Once the site is up and running, you must keep it up to date and looking fresh. We are committed to provide you with ongoing support and maintenance in order to keep your website successful for a long time. Every website begins with an idea, but without the right methodology and a good plan, the idea gets lost and the website fails.